It can be easier than you think to put the brakes on high auto insurance rates especially when you have The Insurance Center in your corner. Let us put our 15 years of industry experience to work for you; we can review your policy and help you find a variety cost cutting measures that don’t require the loss of important benefits.
Auto Insurance Cost Cutting Tips
• Check the rates of several companies. The difference between the highest and lowest rate available to you from different companies could vary by hundreds of dollars. At The Insurance Center, we automatically run your rates with every insurer we work with to make sure you get the lowest possible rate without compromising coverage.
• Reduce or drop physical damage coverage on an older car. Depending on the value of your car and your location, comprehensive and collision coverage may not be worth keeping. We can give you advice on whether it makes sense to reduce or drop this coverage altogether.
• Raise your deductible. According to the Insurance Information Institute, raising your collision and comprehensive deductible from $200 to $500 could reduce your cost by 15 to 30 percent. In addition, because the average driver files a collision claim only once every ten years, a higher deductible will save you money over the life of your vehicle. We can show you all of your deductible options to find the right one for your budget.
• Look for discounts. Many insurance companies reduce premiums for certain driver traits or car features. For example: being a homeowner for more than three years, nonsmoker, nondrinker, students with good grades, senior citizens who have taken an approved defensive driving course, people who only drive for pleasure, cars kept in garages, antilock brakes, antitheft devices, air bags, etc. We automatically check for any discounts you may qualify for.
• Don’t assume that having your car and home insured by the same company is the best option. Because auto insurance rates vary so much from company to company, it may make sense for you to have your car and home insured by separate companies. At The Insurance Center, we work with the top insurers in all lines of coverage so we can compare the cost of your insurance both individually and as part of an umbrella—saving you both money and time.
And remember, when you think of insurance, think The Insurance Center for all of your insurance needs!